Petrol prices slashed by Rs 2.16 per litre, diesel by Rs 2.10 per litre
The fuel prices in India have been revised with a drop of Rs 2.16 per litre in petrol and Rs 2.10 per litre in diesel. These prices are inclusive of all the duties imposed on Delhi. The fuel prices have been decreased in other states as well. The drop in prices have been done with respect to rise in crude oil prices in the international markets which saw a decline.
The fuel prices in Delhi, which are applicable from today, are Rs 65.32 per litre for petrol from the previous Rs 68.09 per litre and Rs 54.90 for diesel from Rs 57.35. The same for Mumbai are Rs 74.53 for petrol and Rs 60.47 for diesel. Last month, petrol prices were increased by 1 paisa while that of diesel was up by 44 paise. Five cities - Udaipur, Jamshedpur, Vizag, Chandigarh and Puducherry - have been subjected to daily fuel price revision. This is a pilot project that, if successful, will also be conducted at other parts of the country.
In an official statement, IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Ltd) mentioned, "The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and rupee-dollar exchange rate warrant increase in selling price of petrol and diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision."
IOCL also stated that the prices in the international oil market as well as the rupee-dollar exchange rates will be continuously monitored, and the same will be incorporated in the future fuel prices.
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India