Petrol prices dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while diesel hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre
The fuel prices in India have been updated following the current international prices of petrol and diesel along with the INR-USD exchange rate. The petrol prices have been dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while that of diesel has been hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre in India. The new prices will be brought into effect from 12am tonight.
This is the second fuel price revision in this month. On February 17, 2016, the petrol prices were lowered by 32 paise per litre and that of diesel was increased by 28 paise per litre.
According to an official statement from Indian Oil, the current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in price of petrol and increase in price of diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the customers with this price revision.
It further adds, the movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes
The present prices of petrol and diesel in Mumbai are Rs 62.75 per litre and Rs 53.06 respectively.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts