Petrol prices dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while diesel hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre
The fuel prices in India have been updated following the current international prices of petrol and diesel along with the INR-USD exchange rate. The petrol prices have been dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while that of diesel has been hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre in India. The new prices will be brought into effect from 12am tonight.
This is the second fuel price revision in this month. On February 17, 2016, the petrol prices were lowered by 32 paise per litre and that of diesel was increased by 28 paise per litre.
According to an official statement from Indian Oil, the current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in price of petrol and increase in price of diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the customers with this price revision.
It further adds, the movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes
The present prices of petrol and diesel in Mumbai are Rs 62.75 per litre and Rs 53.06 respectively.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani