Peugeot introduces two GT versions of its new 3008 SUV
Following the debut of its 3008 SUV, Peugeot has now introduced two GT versions of the same. Two trim-levels namely, the GT Line and the GT will now be available along with the standard Peugeot 3008 SUV. While the GT Line will aim to provide better efficiency and styling, the GT will be top-of-the-range model featuring all high end gadgets and gizmos that Peugeot is willing to stuff in the 3008 SUV.
The exterior design theme of the SUV has been altered in a minor way. The two new variants will get the 'GT Line' or 'GT' badging on the tailgate, double chrome exhaust pipes on either side of the bumper and a 'Coupe Franche' dual colour paint design. If the customer fancies more addition to the standard design, the top variant GT model will be offered with 19inch "Boston" alloy wheels, aluminium roof bars, chrome door mirror shells and GT badging on the front wings. For added comfort, the top variant will also feature a smart electric operated tailgate with foot-movement operation, which allows the tailgate to be operated while the operative hands are full.
The interior features Peugeot's i-Cockpit design theme, which remains standard on all 3008s. The digital cockpit features a 12.3inch digital instrument panel and a 8inch capacitive touch screen. In addition, the GT Line variant features sports style seats trimmed in 'Imilia' leather effect and 'Brumeo' cloth materials. The 'Brumeo' fabric will also adorn the door panels and fascia. The GT version however, will feature a multi-point massage function, 8-way electric adjustment, 2-position memory function for the driver's seat. Both front seats will feature a heating function and panoramic opening glass roof.
Under the hood, the GT Line variant gets the BlueHDi diesel engine, the PureTech and e-THP petrol engine options as standard. In addition, the GT variant will get the 2.0-litre BlueHDi 180 S&S engine, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, making it the most powerful version of the range.
The new Peugeot 3008 SUV, GT Line and GT versions will be available to order from November 2016 with UK deliveries commencing from January 2017.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000