Piaggio India launches the Aprilia SR 150 in India at Rs 65,000
Piaggio Vehicles Private Limited has launched the highly anticipated Aprilia SR 150 scooter in India at Rs 65,000 (ex-showroom). The scooter was presented at the Hard Rock Cafe in Mumbai by Aprilia Racing's World Superstock Championship winning rider Lorenzo Savadori. He won the 2015 Championship aboard the RSV4 RF, with four wins and seven podium finishes.
Bookings for the scooter have already begun. Prospective customers can book the SR 150 at any Piaggio Motoplex store, Piaggio two-wheeler dealers as well as online on the e-commerce website Paytm. Customers who choose the online route stand to get a 100 per cent cash back on the Rs 2,000 down payment.
The company's CEO, Stefano Pelle was also present at the launch event and he said, " It is with great pleasure and humble anticipation that we finally launch the Aprilia SR 150 today and extend our India product portfolio. Here at Piaggio India, we have all been waiting with baited breath to extend the Aprilia experience from the track to the streets of India with the Aprilia SR 150. It's racy, it's sporty and it promises to be cracker on the road! From the initial response received, it appears that the market has been waiting as well. With this truly unique and powerful crossover, we are confident about creating yet another first in India's two-wheeler segment and continuing our vision to bring truly innovative and never-seen-before products to the market."
The Aprilia SR 150 is regarded as an unprecedented format of scooter in the Indian market and the pricing has got everyone's attention. Powered by a 154.4cc, air-cooled single cylinder engine that develops 11.6PS and 11.5Nm. It is very refined, even at high speeds and this is one of the strong points of the scooter.
The styling is sharp and racy, and Aprilia has done the right thing by kitting the SR 150 with 14-inch alloy wheels. As a result the scooter possess good stability, both in a straight line as well as around corners. The suspension setup too is on the firmer side which feels more like that on a motorcycle than a scooter. This too helps in the handling department.
You can read the first ride report to know more about the new Aprilia SR 150. Also, stay tuned for a detailed road test report that will be up soon.
Starts Rs 70,940
Starts Rs 20,99,000
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally