Piaggio opens Motoplex store in Kochi
Piaggio Group has opened its fourth Motoplex store in India, named Jey Motors Motoplex. Located at Bypass Road in Padivattom, Kochi, the new Motoplex store is spread over 4,950 sq. ft. The Motoplex was inaugurated by Stefano Pelle, managing director and CEO, Piaggio Vehicles Private Ltd.
The Motoplex stores are a one-stop shop for buyers to experience the offerings of the entire Piaggio Group, including brands like Vespa, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi. Along with selling two-wheelers from all three brands, the Motoplex stores also retail accessories and riding gear. Piaggio has also inaugurated these stores in cities like Milan, New York City, Shanghai and Beijing.
Speaking on the occasion, Stefano Pelle said, "We are delighted to launch our concept store in Kochi. This is our fourth store in the country and third in South India. The Motoplex concept reflects the innovative vision of the Piaggio Group by offering consumers a unique experience of Italian biking under one roof. The store also aims to provide an overview of the two-wheeler world, apart from showcasing the long-standing history of our brands Vespa, Aprilia and Moto Guzzi. It highlights the fascinating journey of the brands that proudly stand for Made in Italy.
"The Motoplex store aims to achieve the same success it has had internationally with the display of various brands from the Piaggio's stable. South India has been a strategic two-wheeler market and so we are expanding our footprint in this region," he added further.
Of late, the premium motorcycle segment in India has been witnessing a stellar growth. Already quite a few manufacturers have entered the market, and clearly Piaggio Group doesn't wish to miss out on this opportunity. Hence, it has been aggressively expanding its Motoplex stores across the country. In fact, we can expect more Motoplex stores to be opened in different cities. In India the CBU motorcycle sales are so small that there's no point for Piaggio Group in setting up individual showrooms for Aprilia and Moto Guzzi. So offering all brands under the same roof is a sensible move.
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks