Pininfarina celebrates its 90th anniversary with the EUR 2.6 million Battista Anniversario
Pininfarina, the legendary Italian design house, is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year. To mark the occasion, the Mahindra-owned carmaker has revealed the Battista Anniversario, a limited edition, spiced-up version of their already bonkers electric supercar, the Battista.
The Battista is a 1,903PS power and 2,300Nm torque spewing hypercar that catapults to a 100kmph from standstill in just two seconds and is expected to reach 350kmph at full go. Now this is the standard car. The Anniversario takes it a little further.
The Anniversario gets the Furiosa aero-package which includes a new front splitter, add-ons on the sides, a new diffuser in the back and a bigger wing. Furiosa makes sure you have additional downforce which will make the Anniversario faster around corners and might also help it on the straights. In addition, the limited edition gets racing-style centre locking forged aluminium alloys shod with Pirelli P-Zeros shedding 10 more kilograms from the mix.
Inside, the cabin has become more luxurious, gets exotic materials and improved ergonomics for its esteemed buyers. Also, the carbon-fibre body of the Anniversario is being hand-painted and it having to be disassembled after every coat and put back together again, the additional million pounds seem justifiable.
The Battista has still not hit the production floor as Pininfarina is yet to complete the testing and development. Testing will commence soon and the car is expected to be ready in the latter half of 2020 and customer deliveries will commence soon after. If you are thinking of buying one for yourself, the five exclusive units of the 2.6 million Euro (INR 21.11 crores before taxes) Pininfarina Battista Anniversario have already been spoken for.
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- NewsExclusive: BMW R 18 coming to India by Oct-Nov 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!