Plenty of motorsport action in June as 2016 National Championships begin
Motorsport season appears to have kicked off in earnest, with the month of June packed with various racing events, especially a host of national championship events.
The events start with the JK Tyre FMSCI National Rotax Max Karting Championship in Bengaluru, which is already underway (June 3-5). And that's just the beginning. There's plenty more.
Round 3 of the MMSC FMSCI Indian National Racing Championship (4W) will be held at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore between June 17 and 19. The event will feature MRF FF 1600, Super Stock, Indian Touring Cars, Indian Junior Touring Cars and Formula LGB 1300s too. In addition, the 2016 season of the MMSC Volkswagen Vento Cup will begin, with the first round being held at the same round.
The third round of the FMSCI National Superleague TSD Rally Championship, Backwaters Rally, will be held in Kochi from June 16 to 19. Karthick Maruthi and his co-driver S Sankar Anand, having already won the first two rounds, will be hoping to win the third round too.
Over in the MRF MoGrip FMSCI National Supercross Championship, KP Aravind of TVS Racing will try and continue his winning streak at the second round of the series that will be held in Coimbatore on June 25-26.
The first round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship will also be held at the Kari Motor Speedway between June 24 and 26. The championship features Stock (above 130cc up to 165cc), Pro Stock (above 130cc up to 165cc), Super Sport Indian (above 130cc up to 165cc), Super Sport Indian (Above 200cc up to 300cc), Super Sport Indian (above 300cc up to 400cc) classes. The opening round of the One-Make Championships of TVS, Honda and Suzuki Gixxer Cup will be held alongside these races.
Other events to watch out for - the North East Supercross (2W) will be held in Kohima, Nagaland between June 1 and 3, 2016. The final round of the JK Tyre IndiKarting National Series will be held between June 11 and 12 at the Wonder Speedway, Noida. While the Mahindra Monsoon Challenge TSD Rally (4W), that runs from Mangalore-Shimoga-Goa will be held between June 24 and 26.
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019