PM Narendra Modi visits Tesla headquarters
One of the top issues that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted to address on his recent visit to the United States of America was greener technology. And who better to discuss it with than Tesla chief executive Elon Musk himself?
On Saturday, September 26, the Prime Minister arrived at Tesla headquarters in San Jose, California where he was driven around in a battery-powered cart a small sample of Tesla's electric vehicle technology. From the photographs, it seems he also got a good look at a gleaming red example of Tesla's flagship EV, the Model S.
"We talked about electricity generation and the fact that arguably there's a way to skip ahead with electricity generation in the same way as it happened with cell phones," Elon Musk told reporters later.
Tesla has slowly been changing the face of the auto industry in the US and is widely regarded by many as one of Silicon Valley's most exciting companies.
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India