PM Narendra Modi visits Tesla headquarters
One of the top issues that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted to address on his recent visit to the United States of America was greener technology. And who better to discuss it with than Tesla chief executive Elon Musk himself?
On Saturday, September 26, the Prime Minister arrived at Tesla headquarters in San Jose, California where he was driven around in a battery-powered cart a small sample of Tesla's electric vehicle technology. From the photographs, it seems he also got a good look at a gleaming red example of Tesla's flagship EV, the Model S.
"We talked about electricity generation and the fact that arguably there's a way to skip ahead with electricity generation in the same way as it happened with cell phones," Elon Musk told reporters later.
Tesla has slowly been changing the face of the auto industry in the US and is widely regarded by many as one of Silicon Valley's most exciting companies.
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench