Polaris buys e-bike maker Brammo
Within months of Harley showing off the Livewire, Polaris Industries has announced that it has upped its stake further in electric motorcycle maker Brammo. Polaris now owns Brammo and will move production from Oregon to Spirit Lake, Iowa where the Indians are made, later in 2015. Brammo's Enertia and Empulse are regarded as some of the best e-motorcycles on sale and are powered by their own lithium-ion batteries. Polaris also owns Indian and Victory.
The official information ends there but Polaris has been looking for an electric powertrain for its ATVs and there is a suggestion that future electric bikes from Polaris may be a lot more Indian or Victory in nature than just the current Brammos.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani