Polaris buys e-bike maker Brammo
Within months of Harley showing off the Livewire, Polaris Industries has announced that it has upped its stake further in electric motorcycle maker Brammo. Polaris now owns Brammo and will move production from Oregon to Spirit Lake, Iowa where the Indians are made, later in 2015. Brammo's Enertia and Empulse are regarded as some of the best e-motorcycles on sale and are powered by their own lithium-ion batteries. Polaris also owns Indian and Victory.
The official information ends there but Polaris has been looking for an electric powertrain for its ATVs and there is a suggestion that future electric bikes from Polaris may be a lot more Indian or Victory in nature than just the current Brammos.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept