Polaris files a patent for Victory Charger
Polaris Industries announced on January 15 that it has upped its stake further in electric motorcycle maker Brammo. Polaris now owns Brammo and will move production from Oregon to Spirit Lake, Iowa where the Indians are made, later in 2015.
We had speculated that future electric bikes from Polaris may be a lot more Indian or Victory in nature than just the current Brammos. Well, there is now news that Polaris has gone ahead and filed a patent for a certain Victory Charger possibly the first electric motorcycle to roll out from Victory, under the aegis of its new proprietor.
Word is that the Victory Charger will be taking on Harley-Davidson's Livewire, which was showcased last year in the US with much fanfare with test rides and tours down the iconic Route 66 and what have you. Well, Brammo's Enertia and Empulse are regarded as some of the best e-motorcycles on sale, so Polaris' Victory Charger might be something to watch out for.
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'