Polestar to be an independent brand from Volvo
Swedish carmaker Volvo has announced that Polestar, their car tuner, will branch out into a standalone brand providing high-performance electric cars. Polestar will still provide optimisation packages for Volvo's range of cars under the Polestar brand.
Volvo and Polestar have been working together since 1996 in motorsport. Recently Polestar was acquired by Volvo and has been exclusively churning out high-performance cars. Polestar will now develop cars that come without the Volvo logo but with the new Polestar logo which is seen in the image here.
Thomas Ingenlath, senior vice president - design at Volvo, will be at the helm of Polestar as the CEO. This has been mainly done to develop the Polestar brand as a whole, states the company. Along with Thomas Ingenlath, Volvo has also provided Polestar with the services of Jonathan Goodman, who was senior vice president, corporate communication, as the COO at Polestar.
Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive of Volvo, stated that having Thomas Ingenlath at the helm of Polestar is a sign by Volvo that shows its commitment towards developing Polestar into an independent brand within Volvo itself.
Polestar will have an advantage in its technological and economic development due to its association with Volvo. We will hear more about their plans by late September. Polestar recently made an inroad into the Indian market with the launch of the S60 Polestar. It is expected that more of the Polestar-fettled products will come down to our country. Volvo aims to sell one million electric cars by the end of 2025. Polestar is expected to make a major contribution towards this goal.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live