Polestar to be an independent brand from Volvo
Swedish carmaker Volvo has announced that Polestar, their car tuner, will branch out into a standalone brand providing high-performance electric cars. Polestar will still provide optimisation packages for Volvo's range of cars under the Polestar brand.
Volvo and Polestar have been working together since 1996 in motorsport. Recently Polestar was acquired by Volvo and has been exclusively churning out high-performance cars. Polestar will now develop cars that come without the Volvo logo but with the new Polestar logo which is seen in the image here.
Thomas Ingenlath, senior vice president - design at Volvo, will be at the helm of Polestar as the CEO. This has been mainly done to develop the Polestar brand as a whole, states the company. Along with Thomas Ingenlath, Volvo has also provided Polestar with the services of Jonathan Goodman, who was senior vice president, corporate communication, as the COO at Polestar.
Håkan Samuelsson, president and chief executive of Volvo, stated that having Thomas Ingenlath at the helm of Polestar is a sign by Volvo that shows its commitment towards developing Polestar into an independent brand within Volvo itself.
Polestar will have an advantage in its technological and economic development due to its association with Volvo. We will hear more about their plans by late September. Polestar recently made an inroad into the Indian market with the launch of the S60 Polestar. It is expected that more of the Polestar-fettled products will come down to our country. Volvo aims to sell one million electric cars by the end of 2025. Polestar is expected to make a major contribution towards this goal.
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled