Polestar-tuned 2017 Volvo XC60 makes 421PS
Just after a few days of announcement by Volvo that Polestar will be a separate brand altogether, the tuning arm has come up with a more powerful iteration of the new XC60. The new Volvo XC60 was unveiled earlier this year at the Geneva Auto Show and is available with a choice of petrol, diesel and hybrid powertrains. Polestar has chosen to tune the T8 hybrid engine this time around while other powertrains too will be available in an uprated tune at a later date.
In its regular guise, the T8 hybrid powertrain in the XC60 makes 407PS/640Nm. However, Polestar has tuned the engine to make 421PS. This number is similar to what the Polestar XC90 also makes. Volvo says that this is the most powerful car that they have ever made. Apart from this, the gearbox too has been fine tuned to shift faster and the gear hold function ensures that the box will not upshift when the car is going fast around a corner. This is done in order to avoid upsetting the balance of the car. The engine too provides more torque in the middle of the rev range, the ideal spot that most customers use their vehicles in. The mechanicals too has been fettled by Polestar's motorsport partner Cyan Racing.
Polestar says that the new XC60's nearly 50kmpl fuel efficiency and 45km pure electric range are not affected by this tuning. The manufacturer warranty as well as the emissions levels too remain the same.
Volvo is expected to launch the XC60 in India later this year. The S60 Polestar is already available here and so is the XC90 T8. Time to put two and two together then!
Starts Rs 57.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.64 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car