Porsche announces Macan base variant with four-cylinder engine
Porsche has revealed the base variant of the Macan compact SUV that will be powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder unit. The Macan will now have a total of four variants - the base, Turbo, S petrol, and the S diesel. Indian market will be getting the Macan Turbo and the S diesel, while Porsche is yet to reveal its plan for the base variant.
The base variant gets subtle visual changes at the rear. Instead of the quad tail pipes seen in the S models, the base Macan will get dual rhombus-shaped exhausts.
The 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine generates 240PS of power and 350Nm of peak torque. All other variants draw power from V6 engines. The transmission will be a dual clutch PDK unit capable of propelling this car from 0-100kmph in 6.9 seconds using all four wheels with a top speed of 223kmph.
The base variant has a claimed fuel efficiency of 13.33kmpl.
The standard features on the base variant are multi-function steering wheel with paddle shifters, 18-inch wheels, automatic rear tail gate, comfort seats covered in Alcantara and dual zone climate control. Panoramic sunroof, cruise control, power steering plus, PASM air suspension, 21-inch wheels and front/rear park assist can be ordered as options.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
Team OD | 22 Aug 2019
- NewsMeasures to boost automotive sector announced by Finance Minister in India
- NewsKTM 790 Duke spotted in India - official bookings likely to open on September 5
- News40,618 Maruti Suzuki WagonR 1.0-litre recalled in India
- NewsHyundai teases new EV concept - will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- NewsSmartphone-based motorcycle navigation application Recky launched by CS Santosh