Porsche announces Macan base variant with four-cylinder engine
Porsche has revealed the base variant of the Macan compact SUV that will be powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder unit. The Macan will now have a total of four variants - the base, Turbo, S petrol, and the S diesel. Indian market will be getting the Macan Turbo and the S diesel, while Porsche is yet to reveal its plan for the base variant.
The base variant gets subtle visual changes at the rear. Instead of the quad tail pipes seen in the S models, the base Macan will get dual rhombus-shaped exhausts.
The 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine generates 240PS of power and 350Nm of peak torque. All other variants draw power from V6 engines. The transmission will be a dual clutch PDK unit capable of propelling this car from 0-100kmph in 6.9 seconds using all four wheels with a top speed of 223kmph.
The base variant has a claimed fuel efficiency of 13.33kmpl.
The standard features on the base variant are multi-function steering wheel with paddle shifters, 18-inch wheels, automatic rear tail gate, comfort seats covered in Alcantara and dual zone climate control. Panoramic sunroof, cruise control, power steering plus, PASM air suspension, 21-inch wheels and front/rear park assist can be ordered as options.
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh