Porsche Boxster four-cylinder spotted testing at Nurburgring
Porsche has been spotted testing a Boxster at the Nurburgring. This is not some ordinary Porsche mind you, it is their new four cylinder version of the car. Porsche CEO Matthias Muller told various dailies that due to cost cutting and emission reduction, their legendary flat sixes will be phased on the next generations of the Boxster and Cayman in favour of more economical and more powerful flat-four turbocharged engines. Muller also said that in the future, the four-pot motors could power other models as well.
The Boxster mule here reportedly has a four-cylinder engine. Also the car can be seen wearing modified wheel arches, some aerodynamic bits and bobs under the front and rear bumpers.
The end of an era?
The flat-four will improve economy and produce more power
Muller had said that the flat-four (not to be confused with the Volkswagen Group-sourced 2.0-litre turbo inline-four offered on the new Macan) will deliver up to 400PS, which is significantly more than the naturally aspirated 3.4-litre six-cylinder boxer unit found in the new Boxster (330 PS) and Cayman (340 PS) GTS models.
Pictures courtesy: Autoblog
Starts Rs 1.02 Crore
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
- NewsTVS Star City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh