Porsche India partners with Women Beyond Boundaries
Porsche India has partnered with the Women Beyond Boundaries (WBB) for a 20-day expedition across the Himalayas. WBB is an organization founded by Nidhi Tiwari with the vision of undertaking long overland journeys to push the boundaries of oneself and achieve empowerment through mobility.
Nidhi Tiwari along with her navigator Neha V Sadananda will embark on a 4,000km through the Himalayas. Porsche will provide a Cayenne to the duo for their expedition which is planned to commence on 18th June from Porsche Centre Gurgaon. Their route includes several high altitude passes, including the Khardung La and Marsimik La, two of the highest motorable passes in the world. Along the journey, the WBB team will also train local women in Ladakh on the topic of extreme overland driving in hope to motivate their movement among remote communities. A mix of local administration and community participation will help in realizing this project. The team will also collaborate with a local NGO (undisclosed) to spread awareness on women's health.
Porsche Cayenne has 245PS and 550Nm at its disposal. It comes with three off-road modes, traction management and hill control - all which make it a good choice for the trip. The car has also air suspension which helps in adjusting the ground clearance if need arises.
Nidhi Tiwari, founder of WBB, commented, "We are glad to partner with Porsche India for such an initiative. With the spirit of women empowerment, a sensitive cause of women's health and cancer awareness in the remotest corners of the country, we believe in going beyond all perceived and conventional boundaries. We are equally excited to get behind the wheel of the Porsche Cayenne on some of the most unique roads in the world."
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea