Porsche Macan Turbo with Performance Package launched in India at Rs 1.4 crore
Porsche India has just launched the Macan Turbo with a Performance Package in India at Rs 1.4 crore (ex-Mumbai). In this trim, the Macan Turbo gets a power hike, better brakes and a sportier chassis, says Porsche. This variant will top the Macan Turbo line up in India.
The 3.6-litre twin-turbo V6 now develops 440PS, 40PS more than the standard Macan Turbo. The torque has increased by 50Nm to 600Nm thats available between 1,500rpm and 4,500rpm. These changes have boosted performance both in terms of acceleration and top speed.
The claimed 0-100 figure drops to 4.4 seconds (4.8s before) and the top speed is 272kmph (6kmph more than the standard Macan).
To rein in the faster Macan, Porsche has equipped this variant with a newly developed braking system including larger disc brakes. At 390mm, these are 30mm larger and feature grooves to aid cooling. Six-piston calipers, painted in red, bite on this disc.
The air-suspension system is standard, features self-levelling and height adjustment which lowers the SUV by 10mm. The package also includes the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system that lowers this Macan by 15mm, to aid sporty driving.
Lastly, the Performance Package includes the Porsche Sports Chrono Package that dials up the sporty characteristics of the Macan Turbo. In Sports Plus mode, this alters the engine, suspension and chassis to deliver greater agility. It also alters the sports exhaust to deliver a sportier note. Porsche has also tuned the 7-speed PDK, dual-clutch gearbox to match the performance requirements.
While this sums up the changes to the mechanicals, the Performance Package also includes a range of options to tweak the appearance of the Porsche Macan. The Turbo Exterior Package, for instance, gets 21-inch alloy wheels that resemble the 911 Turbo's. Besides this, the package includes a few blacked out panels and LED headlamps with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) Plus. The PDLS Plus system features two additional functions. The dynamic main beam is activated at speeds in excess of 65 km/h and detects vehicles driving in front as well as oncoming traffic to adjust the intensity of light. The Intersection Assistant activates the left and right cornering lights offering better visibility of the SUV's surroundings.
The Turbo Interior package features a mix of leather, alcantara and carbon inserts in line with the sporty image of the Macan Turbo.
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept