Porsche Macan India launch likely in June this year
According to reports Porsche will bring only two variants of the Macan to India- the Turbo and diesel. Macan Turbo comes with a 3.6litre, six cylinder turbo engine producing 405PS and 550Nm of torque. Transmission is Porsche's seven speed PDK unit which affords the turbo a 0-100kmph time of 4.8 seconds and a top speed of 266kmph. The Macan S diesel sports a 3.0litre, six cylinder mill churning out 262PS and 580Nm of torque available at a useful 1750-2500rpm range. Transmission is the same PDK unit found in the Turbo variant. The diesel notches up a 6.3 second time for the 0-100kmph drag and goes on to hit a max speed of 230kmph. Both the trims will get a front mounted engine with power delivered to all the wheels.
Porsche Macan Turbo rear
The Macan comes with various systems to keep you safe and give you a sporty drive like Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus), Wheels and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Porsche Stability Management (PSM) and Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
Porsche Macan Turbo interior
The Macan is manufactured at Porsche's recently revamped Leipzig facility which has an annual production capacity of 50,000 units which is already running at peak capacity. Porsche's compact SUV will be taking the CBU route to India and we expect the pricing to be substantially more than the competition owing to limited supply and high demand for the model in overseas market.
Check image of the Porsche Macan here
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 60.5 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block