Porsche Mission E to enter production by 2020
The supervisory board of Porsche have given the go ahead for the development and production of the Mission E four-door four-seater sportscar that debuted in concept form at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. Chairman of the Porsche Executive Board, Dr Oliver Blume, says, "We are resolutely taking on the challenge of electric mobility. Even with solely battery-powered sports cars, Porsche is remaining true to its philosophy and offering our customers the sportiest and technologically most sophisticated model in this market segment."
The Mission E, in its concept form, uses pure electric propulsion comprising of two electric motors, that claim a combined output of around 600PS. Porsche says that it can achieve a 0-100kmph sprint in 3.5s and can run for up to 500km on a single charge. A quick 800-volt charging system allows a range of 400km from a quick 15-minute charge. The concept also features induction charging which can refill the batteries wirelessly through a combination of coils installed in the vehicle's floorboard and a corresponding cool set in the parking station floor.
Putting the Mission E into production has attracted an investment of 700 million at Porsche's main site in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and will open up to 1,000 new jobs. Porsche's engine factory and body shop will be expanded in due course, while a new paint shop and assembly line will be built as well.
The Mission E will enter production by 2020 and as Dr Oliver Blumes states, it will be the "beginning a new chapter in the history of the sportscar."
First look: 2019 Porsche Mission E Cross Turismo video
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app