Porsche Museums 'Genius on Wheels' exhibition honours Walter Röhrl
Rally legend Walter Röhrl turns 70 today. And Porsche has chosen to pay a fitting tribute to the double World Rally Champion with the announcement of the Genius on Wheels exhibition. To be held between March 14 and May 14 at the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, Genius on Wheels will feature several cars that Röhrl has rallied and raced over the course of his career. One of the main areas of focus will be the long collaboration between Röhrl and Porsche.
The Genius on Wheels exhibition at Zuffenhausen pays tribute to the legendary Walter Röhrl
Cars on display at the exhibition will include the 365 B 1600 Coupé, Carrera GTS Rallye "Monnet", the 911 SC Coupé San Remo, the 924 GTP Le Mans from 1981, a 911 Carrera 2 Cup racing car and the Carrera GT. Also on display, on loan from the Audi Museum, will be the Audi S1 Group B rally car, the most brutal machine, in his own words, that Röhrl ever drove.
The first day of the exhibition will be particularly memorable for fans. Röhrl and his co-driver of many years, Christian Geistdörfer, will be present on the 14th of March to sign autographs starting 11am.
Even though Röhrl drove for Ford, Opel, Fiat, Lancia and Audi, his own relationship with Porsche goes back to the time when he was just a child. Röhrl's brother drove a Porsche, and Röhrl's own first car was a Porsche 356 B Coupe. The relationship was strengthened when, after he had already won two World Endurance Championship titles, Porsche signed on Röhrl as a factory driver in 1981.
Since 1993, Röhrl has been a test driver for and brand ambassador for Porsche, having helped with the development of the Porsche 959, Porsche Carrera GT and Porsche 918 Spyder.
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer ABS launched in India at Rs 87,250 ex-Delhi
- NewsBMW G 310 GS and G 310 R to be launched in India simultaneously by June-end
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition to be priced at Rs 2.5 lakh in India
- NewsDelhi-Meerut Expressway and Eastern Peripheral Expressway inaugurated
- News15,000th McLaren Automotive car rolled out
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R First ride review
- News2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October
- NewsBMW launches comprehensive service campaign before monsoon in India
- NewsToyota India to increase localisation of its version of the Brezza and Baleno to ensure competitive pricing
- NewsVideo worth watching: Ford Performance models on a race track