Porsche Museums 'Genius on Wheels' exhibition honours Walter Röhrl
Rally legend Walter Röhrl turns 70 today. And Porsche has chosen to pay a fitting tribute to the double World Rally Champion with the announcement of the Genius on Wheels exhibition. To be held between March 14 and May 14 at the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen, Genius on Wheels will feature several cars that Röhrl has rallied and raced over the course of his career. One of the main areas of focus will be the long collaboration between Röhrl and Porsche.
The Genius on Wheels exhibition at Zuffenhausen pays tribute to the legendary Walter Röhrl
Cars on display at the exhibition will include the 365 B 1600 Coupé, Carrera GTS Rallye "Monnet", the 911 SC Coupé San Remo, the 924 GTP Le Mans from 1981, a 911 Carrera 2 Cup racing car and the Carrera GT. Also on display, on loan from the Audi Museum, will be the Audi S1 Group B rally car, the most brutal machine, in his own words, that Röhrl ever drove.
The first day of the exhibition will be particularly memorable for fans. Röhrl and his co-driver of many years, Christian Geistdörfer, will be present on the 14th of March to sign autographs starting 11am.
Even though Röhrl drove for Ford, Opel, Fiat, Lancia and Audi, his own relationship with Porsche goes back to the time when he was just a child. Röhrl's brother drove a Porsche, and Röhrl's own first car was a Porsche 356 B Coupe. The relationship was strengthened when, after he had already won two World Endurance Championship titles, Porsche signed on Röhrl as a factory driver in 1981.
Since 1993, Röhrl has been a test driver for and brand ambassador for Porsche, having helped with the development of the Porsche 959, Porsche Carrera GT and Porsche 918 Spyder.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar