Porsche Panamera Diesel Edition launched in India at Rs 1.04 crore
The latest Porsche to arrive in India is a tweaked version of the Panamera four-door, sport-limo. The Panamera Diesel Edition is essentially the same Porsche Panamera, we drove in 2014 but with more features and a few visual tweaks. Standard kit now includes bixenon headlamps with Porsche Dynamic Light System as well as tasty new 19-inch wheels in the Panamera Turbo II design. The window line get a new glossy black trim that also extends to the door handles if you pay more (Rs 1.7 lakh more) for the Porsche Entry and Drive feature. Yes, that's the same keyless entry and go feature that you get on the average Hyundai or Ford.
The visuals are pretty similar to the regular version except for the new 19-inch wheels and black trim for the window line
Inside, the cabin gets a dual colour scheme but only part leather upholstery in a black and beige theme with the Porsche crest embossed on all the headrests. Also included is fresh door sills with 'Edition' lettering, a SportDesign steering wheel and a 585 Watt, 14-speaker Bose surround sound system. Further standard features include Adaptive Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Park Assist (front and rear), including reversing camera, electric slide and tilt sunroof, soft close doors, four-zone climate control.
The drivetrain remains untouched with a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine mated to an 8-speed automatic. While some international markets get this motor in 300PS/650Nm tune, India continues with the old 250PS/550Nm spec.
The Porsche Panamera Diesel Edition is available at the company's showrooms across the country at a starting price of Rs 1.04 crore ex-Maharashtra. That's over Rs 10 lakh cheaper than the standard Panamera diesel and interestingly, there have been no features dropped in lowering the price. Perhaps this could be the start of a price revision across the Porsche range. We spoke to a company representative who said that this pricing only applies to the Panamera and there is no plan for a similar lower priced edition variant of the Cayenne or Macan just yet.
The Panamera Edition gets Porsche logos embossed on the headrests
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907