Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
Porsche in its 70th-year celebrations is leaving no stone unturned. The German carmaker went after a very specific record with its Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sedan recently, that of the fastest four-door hybrid sedan. To prove this, the Panamera Turbo hybrid set new lap records at six different racetracks. This attempt included the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) in Delhi. The other five racetracks are located in Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, South Africa, Dubai, and Qatar. The Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid comes powered by a 4-litre twin-turbo V8 supplemented by an electric motor, for a total output of 689PS. This takes the hybrid sedan to 100kmph from standstill in 3.4 seconds, and onwards to a top speed of 310kmph.
And who better than Porsche factory development driver Lars Kern to get the job done. Kern was behind the wheel of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS which had set the lap record for the Nurburgring in 2017. The first of the records from the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, where the Panamera completed the 5.412km lap in 2min 31.79sec.
From there, they went to the Bahrain International Circuit, where the FIA World Endurance races are held. The Panamera lapped the track in 2min 18.96sec. Next came the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Johannesburg, South Africa, where the Porsche hybrid sedan clocked a 1min 59.80sec, followed by the Dubai Autodrome in 2min 19.15sec, and the Losail International Circuit, Qatar in 2min 24.12sec. Lastly, the Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid lapped the BIC in 2min 12.56sec.
Here's a quick video about the records:
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show