Porsche teases Macan crossover
Prior to its official debut at the upcoming 2013 Los Angeles Motor Show, Porsche has teased the automotive world with its small SUV, the Macan. The Macan is essentially a compact crossover which Porsche says is a five-door sportscar with five seats and gets all-wheel-drive. Smells of heavy influence from bigger brother Cayenne, doesn't it?
The front fascia, contoured side profile and the sloping roof line scream of 'Porsche'. The Macan's teaser shows those characteristic Porsche headlamps, quad LED DRLs, bold shoulder lines and big air intakes.
Mechanical details are still unconfirmed. Word going about is that the Macan could get a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6, 3.6-litre V6, 2.0-litre turbo and a supercharged 3.0-litre V6. Porsche has launched a Macan microsite and it says 40 days to launch. It is expected to go on sale in late 2014 or 2015. This will be the most fuel efficient Porsche till date if the microsite is to be believed. The least fuel efficient variant will give a fuel efficiency of nearly 10kmpl while the SUV with the most fuel efficient engine will deliver around 16kmpl.
The teaser video
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block