Porsche teases Macan crossover
Prior to its official debut at the upcoming 2013 Los Angeles Motor Show, Porsche has teased the automotive world with its small SUV, the Macan. The Macan is essentially a compact crossover which Porsche says is a five-door sportscar with five seats and gets all-wheel-drive. Smells of heavy influence from bigger brother Cayenne, doesn't it?
The front fascia, contoured side profile and the sloping roof line scream of 'Porsche'. The Macan's teaser shows those characteristic Porsche headlamps, quad LED DRLs, bold shoulder lines and big air intakes.
Mechanical details are still unconfirmed. Word going about is that the Macan could get a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6, 3.6-litre V6, 2.0-litre turbo and a supercharged 3.0-litre V6. Porsche has launched a Macan microsite and it says 40 days to launch. It is expected to go on sale in late 2014 or 2015. This will be the most fuel efficient Porsche till date if the microsite is to be believed. The least fuel efficient variant will give a fuel efficiency of nearly 10kmpl while the SUV with the most fuel efficient engine will deliver around 16kmpl.
The teaser video
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India