Porsche unveils the 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo S E-Hybrid
Porsche has just unveiled the Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S E-Hybrid, the quickest Panamera Sport Turismo yet. The car gets the same 4-litre, turbocharged, V8 motor that produces 542PS. It also has a 14.1 Kwh lithium-ion battery that can be charged in 2.4 to 6 hours, depending on the power output of the charging socket. In combination with the 134PS electric motor, the total power output from the powertrain is a staggering 671PS and 850Nm of torque. Porsche claims the car can accelerate from 0-100kmph in 3.4s. The car will hit 200kmph from standstill in 11.9 seconds, which quite astonishingly is only a second slower than the 911 GT3 RS. Top speed is rated at 308kmph which is quite fast for a station wagon!
The Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S E-Hybrid gets the same goodies that's available in S variant of the car such as the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control and torque vectoring technology. There's also a limited slip differential at the rear as well as adaptive suspension with Porsche's Active Suspension Management System. Since this is the top of the line Panamera Sport Turismo, the car also gets standard ceramic composite brakes and 21-inch wheels. The interiors too are swathed in luxury with a giant 12.3-inch touchscreen in the centre of the dashboard as well as a set of screens flanking the large analogue clock in the instrument panel. Then there's the merit of the station wagon shape in the form of more interior room.'
The boot space in the Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S E-Hybrid, however, has reduced by 95-litres, in comparison to the regular Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo, since the battery has been incorporated in the floor of the car. That said, the bootspace at 425-litres is still pretty good. The bootspace can also be increased by electrically folding 40:20:40 split rear seats.
Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S E-Hybrid is now on sale in international markets and it may go on sale in India, given the fact that manufacturers have begun introducing hybrid cars in India.
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions