Porsche working on non-limited 911 R
Porsche might be working on a manual sports car, akin to the Porsche 911 R, that would be included in the regular range. Unlike the 911 R, the production of this car might not be limited.
The Porsche range comprises of the fastest 911 Porsche produces
Porsche's recipe for a 'driver's car' has been always simple. Take a compact chassis, put a small yet powerful engine at the back, send drive to the rear, steering to the front and you end up with generations of cars that have delighted the better part of drivers and enthusiasts all around the world. Add a manual gearbox to the recipe, and you get a purist's dream car.
So when they launched the 911 R, people everybody went bonkers. The 911 R was basically a Porsche 911 GT3 RS that had the aero-kit removed and the PDK dual-clutch automatic replaced with a manual gearbox. But the only gripe was that its production was limited to just 991 units.
The Porsche 911 GT3 range benefits from updated components derived from Porsche's race cars
However, at the reveal event for the new Cayenne, Porsche's R&D head Michael Steiner suggested to the media that they might put a "purist's" car into production. He also mentioned that the overwhelming response and popularity that the Porsche 911 R received has made them learn that there is huge acceptance for cars with manual transmissions, despite the quickness and precision of automatics.
He also added that Porsche thinks for pure sports cars, there should be no limitation. Hence Porsche might soon produce a non-limited sports car akin to the Porsche 911 R. However vague that may sound, unfortunately, that's all that is known about this project.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000