Porsche working on non-limited 911 R
Porsche might be working on a manual sports car, akin to the Porsche 911 R, that would be included in the regular range. Unlike the 911 R, the production of this car might not be limited.
The Porsche range comprises of the fastest 911 Porsche produces
Porsche's recipe for a 'driver's car' has been always simple. Take a compact chassis, put a small yet powerful engine at the back, send drive to the rear, steering to the front and you end up with generations of cars that have delighted the better part of drivers and enthusiasts all around the world. Add a manual gearbox to the recipe, and you get a purist's dream car.
So when they launched the 911 R, people everybody went bonkers. The 911 R was basically a Porsche 911 GT3 RS that had the aero-kit removed and the PDK dual-clutch automatic replaced with a manual gearbox. But the only gripe was that its production was limited to just 991 units.
The Porsche 911 GT3 range benefits from updated components derived from Porsche's race cars
However, at the reveal event for the new Cayenne, Porsche's R&D head Michael Steiner suggested to the media that they might put a "purist's" car into production. He also mentioned that the overwhelming response and popularity that the Porsche 911 R received has made them learn that there is huge acceptance for cars with manual transmissions, despite the quickness and precision of automatics.
He also added that Porsche thinks for pure sports cars, there should be no limitation. Hence Porsche might soon produce a non-limited sports car akin to the Porsche 911 R. However vague that may sound, unfortunately, that's all that is known about this project.
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh