Porsches expanded Leipzig plant starts production of Macan
Finally, after two years in the making and nearly 500 million euros investment, the huge expansion of Porsche's Leipzig facility has been completed. The plant has been tailor made to produce more than 50000 units of Porsche's Macan SUV and includes a body shop and state of the art paint shop. If the need arises, the plant is also equipped to churn out more Macans.
The original plant had been assembling the Cayenne from 2002. In 2009, the Leipzig plant also started manufacturing the Panamera model.
Two variants of this compact SUV, Macan S and Macan Turbo will go on sale in the U.S later this year. The 'S' variant is powered by a 345PS 3.0-litre twin turbo V6 which claims to propel the SUV from 0-100kmph in just 5.0 seconds. The other more powerful Macan Turbo makes 405PS from its 3.6-litre twin turbo V6 and completes the 0-100kmph run in a sports car like 4.4 seconds.
Matthias Muller, chairman, executive board of Porsche AG, said, "The fact that Porsche has invested half a billion Euro in the Leipzig plant in addition to the original 250 million Euro, thus creating 1,500 new jobs, makes one thing clear: We are totally convinced in the qualities of this location and that the Macan will be a marketing success."
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh