Pre-facelift Ford Aspire to continue in the commercial segment as the Aspire Trip
The facelifted Ford Aspire compact sedan has been launched in India. But Ford India has sensed an opportunity here with the old, pre-facelift car and will continue to sell it to ride-hailing serives, taxi operators and other services which require the use of commercial passenger vehicles.
This version has been renamed the Aspire Trip and is a bare-bones iteration of the previous car. There is white paint option with a blue pinstripe, steel wheels, and styling unchanged from the pre-facelift car. The interiors will also be bare-bones with basic features like air-conditioning, power steering and possibly power windows.
The primary engine option will be the more frugal 1.5-litre diesel motor, although either the old 1.2 litre petrol or even the new 1.2-litre dragon unit might be offered. A five speed manual will be the only gearbox option.
With life cycles for cars reducing over time, a strategy such as this makes sense. This has been seen earlier with the Maruti Tour S and the Hyundai Xcent Prime, will help car makers maximize return from a product and also provide maore affordable options to business owners.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!