Reaffirming its commitment towards the community, India's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, is actively working with the Government authorities and supporting them in tackling the Covid-19 crisis.
Ashok Leyland has aligned itself with the Department of Health and Family Welfare for the below mentioned initiatives:
· Supplying protective items like 3 ply masks, N95 masks, disposable gloves, liquid handwash, sanitisers, body suits for health service personnel.
· Providing disinfectants, protective chemical guard suit (pant, shirt, and hood), and chemical protection goggles for sanitation staff.
· Deploying ten vehicles (8 Dost and 2 ICV) with drivers for emergency logistics operation for use by the health department.
Other initiatives by the Power Solutions Business of Ashok Leyland include:
· 250 KVA genset shipped to Tiruvallur General Hospital, 62.5 KVA genset to 150 bed special ward of Madurai Medical College to treat Covid-19 patients
· 250 KVA commissioning at Chromepet Government Hospital
Commenting on the slew of initiatives and measures taken by the team, Mr.Balachandar NV, President HR, Communications, & CSR, Ashok Leyland, said, "Staying true to our brand promise of 'Aapki Jeet. Hamari Jeet.', we at Ashok Leyland are leaving no stone unturned to help the community at large. We shall work with the Government at every step and stay supportive of all their initiatives in the coming days."
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.