Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, as a responsible brand is taking several measures to support its customers, dealers and employees during this difficult situation we all are witnessing.
As a brand we truly understand the anxiousness within our customers towards the safety of their families due to the nation-wide lockdown. We strongly believe cars in India are part of our families, which is why Volkswagen is taking the responsibility of providing the necessary safety and extended services to your Volkswagen car.
For the peace of mind of our customers, Volkswagen India announces an extended service support, including Extended Warranty and Service Value Packages.
"Speaking on this situation, Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Volkswagen is exercising all the necessary measures and precautions to contain the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have been adhering to all the directions as indicated by the Government of India. We understand this tough situation and would like to ensure peace of mind to our customers with the extended service support. We would like to reassure them that their Volkswagen car is safe and all services will be provided as applicable. Together, we will emerge stronger."
Extension of all these services can be availed at all authorized Volkswagen workshops across India. Along with our dealer partners, Volkswagen pledges to extend our best efforts to our customers and will continue to communicate closely with them.
1. Extension up to 31st July 2020: All customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between 22nd March 2020 and mid-May 2020 (both days inclusive) can now avail the special support up to 31st July 2020. All repairs as per standard warranty conditions with 100% Free of Cost (FOC) repairs can be availed as good will gesture
2. Purchase an Extended Warranty (EW): Customers whose Standard Warranty is due to expire between 22nd March 2020 and 15th April 2020 (both days inclusive), can also avail the benefit of buying the Extended Warranty, up to 60 days of expiry of their Standard Warranty
3. Existing Extended Warranty Customers: All existing EW customers whose EW period is due to expire between 22nd March 2020 and 15th April 2020, could report to our Authorized Workshops till 15th May 2020, for any repairs under the EW policy
4. Service Value Package (SVP): All customers with a valid SVP and whose maintenance is due during the months of March and April 2020, can continue to avail the services with no extra costs at Volkswagen Authorized Workshops, till 31st July 2020
5. Extended support to customers until 31st July 2020, whose welcome and paid maintenance service is due during the lockdown period
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.