Preview: Facelifted Volvo V40 to be launched in December 2016
Volvo's smallest offering in India yet, the V40 will get a facelifted version here soon. Volvo says that the V40 facelift will be in showrooms by December 2016. The car is currently undergoing homologation with the ARAI.
While the overall silhouette of the car remains the same, the Volvo V40 facelift gets changes to the headlamps, alloy wheels as well as tail lamps. Like all-new Volvos, even this one gets the Thor hammer-shaped headlights and new bumpers. I for one like the previous car's looks. It looks much more aggressive and is impressive as well. The side profile is the same as the outgoing car while the tail pipes are now trapezoidal in shape. The stop light is also now roof mounted.
While the changes outside are minimal, the ones inside are more than substantial with new upholstery and trims being introduced. The door inserts will also now be offered with contrast stitching. The R-Design gets new tread plates while the key fobs for the entire range have been updated. If you are amongst the rare breed who uses a Windows 10 phone, the Volvo On Call app also supports certain voice-enabled features on it, apart from iOS and Android. CleanZone technology, which is Volvo's take on providing clean interior air, will have its own logos in the cabin.
The engine option remain the same for the Indian market - a 1,984cc 5-cylinder diesel with 150PS/350Nm and a 6-speed automatic gearbox powering the front wheels. Volvo claims a fuel efficiency of 19.23kmpl from the V40 D3. The Volvo V40 facelift is expected to be launched in two trims - Kinetic and R-Design. Both will come in via the CBU route like the current Volvo offerings and with a marginal price rise.
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!