Preview: Lexus RX 450h
Toyota India is ready to bring its Lexus brand here this March. The RX 450h is one of the two SUVs that Lexus will start with. Like the ES, this too will be a hybrid.
The RX uses a much bigger 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine than the ES and has a combined output of 310PS. Power is sent to all the wheels via an e-CVT. Lexus claims a 0-100kmph time of less than 8s and a combined fuel economy close to 20kmpl (American cycle). This GLC-sized SUV promises comfortable seating for five passengers and their luggage. The RX 450h subscribes to the new design that Lexus recently adopted for its vehicles. This means an aggressive look, chunky alloy wheels, and all-LED head and tail lamps.
Inside, the RX offers a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system on top of the dashboard and with separate entertainment screens at the back of the front seats. Speaking of which, the back seat passengers sit a tad higher than the front ones primarily due to the nickel-hydride battery placed under the second row. This, in turn, liberates more room in the cargo bay. This Lexus boasts 10 airbags as well as a host of other safety features from the ES and some more in the form of radar-based applications. However, if these safety features will be available in India or not remains to be seen. The RX 450h will be priced at Rs 1.20 crore ex-showroom.
Smart multi-layered dash features a large 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system
The 3.5-litre V6 powertrain produces 310PS and claims to deliver around 20kmpl
Few dealers are already accepting bookings for Rs 10 lakh with a promise of delivery within three months of launch date (March 24, 2017). You can also test drive the RX 450h by paying Rs 1 lakh as a refundable deposit.
Starts Rs 1.07 Crore
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India