Preview: Lexus RX 450h
Toyota India is ready to bring its Lexus brand here this March. The RX 450h is one of the two SUVs that Lexus will start with. Like the ES, this too will be a hybrid.
The RX uses a much bigger 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine than the ES and has a combined output of 310PS. Power is sent to all the wheels via an e-CVT. Lexus claims a 0-100kmph time of less than 8s and a combined fuel economy close to 20kmpl (American cycle). This GLC-sized SUV promises comfortable seating for five passengers and their luggage. The RX 450h subscribes to the new design that Lexus recently adopted for its vehicles. This means an aggressive look, chunky alloy wheels, and all-LED head and tail lamps.
Inside, the RX offers a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system on top of the dashboard and with separate entertainment screens at the back of the front seats. Speaking of which, the back seat passengers sit a tad higher than the front ones primarily due to the nickel-hydride battery placed under the second row. This, in turn, liberates more room in the cargo bay. This Lexus boasts 10 airbags as well as a host of other safety features from the ES and some more in the form of radar-based applications. However, if these safety features will be available in India or not remains to be seen. The RX 450h will be priced at Rs 1.20 crore ex-showroom.
Smart multi-layered dash features a large 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system
The 3.5-litre V6 powertrain produces 310PS and claims to deliver around 20kmpl
Few dealers are already accepting bookings for Rs 10 lakh with a promise of delivery within three months of launch date (March 24, 2017). You can also test drive the RX 450h by paying Rs 1 lakh as a refundable deposit.
Starts Rs 1.07 Crore
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3