Preview: Tata Ziago(Zica) hatchback
Tata Motors have unveiled images of the production spec Zica (now known as the Zica). The car looks smart and fresh compared to its siblings, the Bolt and the Zest. The newest hatchback is part of Tata's HorizonNext campaign and is one of the reasons for an all-new approach. The car's footprint from the pictures seems to be on par with its rivals. Tata designers have got the proportions and the styling right.
The face features a honeycomb grille which has now become a Tata signature. The inverted design headlamp blends well with the grille. Tata could have capped the features list by adding projector headlamps, however the Zica gets halogen lamps. The Tata Zica has got a prominent shoulder line while the window profile is almost like the Ford Figo. At the rear, the Tata Zica has a similar profile to the Hyundai Grand i10 complete with reverse parking sensors.
Inside, there is a two-tone dashboard that follows the same theme seen in the Zest and the Bolt. The multifunction steering wheel is also the same unit. From a few spy shots, it appears that the car will have a Harman infotainment seen in the lower end variants of the aforementioned cars. Expect the same spacious interior that Tata cars are known for. The boot space should be the same as the other cars in its category if not slightly more. The higher end variant will also feature chrome and silver detailing along with alloy wheels.
The Zica will be available with two engine options most likely a new 1.05l three-cylinder diesel motor expected to produce 70PS. This engine was first shown in the Tata Manza Hybrid at the 2012 Auto Expo. It will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and an optional AMT as well. The petrol motor in the Tata Zica is expected to be a 1.2-litre Revotron motor sans the turbocharger, with peak power being upwards of 80PS. Expect the motor to be tuned more towards fuel efficiency and driveability. This engine will come with a manual transmission.
Tata Motors' will be pricing the Zica hatchback at a very competitive rate. Expect prices to start from around Rs 3.5 lakh for this entry level hatchback. The Tata Zica will be launched in India in 2016, most likely before the Auto Expo 2016.
Our first drive review of the new Tata Zica will be up on Dec 5, 2015. Bookmark this page now!
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept