Prices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
The French manufacturer's offering, The Renault Kwid will see a price hike by three per cent effective from April 1, 2019. Reason being the increased cost of production and raw material.
The hatchback is currently priced between Rs 2.66 lakh up to Rs 4.59 lakh ex-showroom pan India. This pricing puts the Kwid in the same market space as Datsun Redi-GO, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and the Hyundai Eon.
Mechanically, the 2019 Renault Kwid retains the two engine options, 0.8-litre and 1.0-litre three-cylinder engines that produce 54PS and 67PS respectively. Both the engines are available with an option between a five-speed manual or an AMT.
Recently, Renault updated the Kwid with the safety and convenience feature list however the prices were kept untouched. The updated feature list included ABS (Antilock braking system), EBD (Electronic brake distribution), driver airbag, driver and co-driver seat belt reminder and speed alert system were made standard across all variants. The updated hatchback also got traffic assist in the AMT, a feature that allows the vehicle to crawl forward in slow moving traffic and also prevents it from rolling back on inclines.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium