Production of the 2019 Honda Civic commenced
Honda recently unveiled the tenth generation Civic in the Indian market which will be launched on 7 March 2019. That said, Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has commenced the production of the Civic at their Greater Noida plant in India.
Bookings for the 2019 Honda Civic began earlier this month at a token of Rs 31,000 at dealerships across the nation. The Honda Civic is said to be priced between Rs 18-24 lakh, ex-showroom. The Civic will rival other C-segment sedans such as the Hyundai Elantra (Rs 13.81-20.15 lakh), Skoda Octavia (Rs 16-26 lakh) and the Toyota Corolla Altis (16.45-20.19 lakh) in India.
The feature list of the 2019 Honda Civic is similar to the one seen on the international-spec model. The list includes Honda's Lane Watch System, which is essentially a camera housed in the left wing mirror to provide an 80 deg view of the left. Additionally, the India-spec Honda Civic will be offered with multi-view rear camera, dual-zone climate control, dual front airbags along with side and curtain airbags and many more.
The new Honda Civic petrol comes with a 1,799cc iVTEC that makes 141PS of power at 6,500rpm and produces 174Nm at 4,300rpm which is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The diesel engine is the 1,597cc turbocharged engine that was launched in the new CR-V. It makes a similar 120PS at 4,000rpm and 300Nm at 3,000rpm here and is mated to a six-speed manual transmission only. The ARAI claimed fuel efficiency figure is 16.5kmpl for the petrol whereas the diesel claims to offer 26.5kmpl.
The deliveries of the 2019 Honda Civic could commence by mid-March 2019.
Also see: Honda Civic vs Skoda Octavia vs Toyota Corolla Comparison Test Video
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.45 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055