Production of the Royal Enfield Continental GT has ended!
Royal Enfield has stopped production of its current flagship, the Continental GT. The good news though is that this is being done to make way for the new, bigger and more powerful Continental GT 650 that is expected to launch this May. Royal Enfield dealers have stocks of the Continental GT 535 motorcycle currently though and we expect the bike to be on sale till stocks last. The Continental GT was launched late in 2013 as a spiritual successor to the original café racer Royal Enfield sold by the same name. The current GT has been received well for its old-school, café racer design, though many found it to be expensive as a package. The café racer stance also didn't go down well with lovers of the traditional Bullet in India but the Continental GT has done very well for Royal Enfield in international markets.
The current Royal Enfield Continental GT is being phased out to make way for the new Continental GT 650
There's no denying the Continental GT looks beautifully retro, and powered by a bored-out version of the Royal Enfield Classic 500's single-cylinder engine it offered 29PS and 44Nm of power which made it the most powerful motorcycle in Royal Enfield's line-up. When launched, the Continental GT 650 will become the new flagship and the most powerful Royal Enfield, being powered by an air-cooled, 648cc, parallel-twin cylinder engine producing 47PS and 52Nm. The Interceptor 650, a retro-looking motorcycle powered by the same engine is expected to be launched alongside the Royal Enfield Continental GT 650. Given the bigger engine and newer cycle parts, not to mention better fit-finish and equipment levels, the Continental GT 650 will also be the most expensive Royal Enfield yet and will be priced at around Rs 3.25 lakh. You can read more about the Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 here.
The Continental GT 650 will be Royal Enfield's new flagship and its most powerful motorcycle yet, being powered by a 650cc, parallel-twin cylinder engine offering 47PS and 52Nm
Starts Rs 1,58,274
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India