Production-ready 2020 Mahindra Thar BSVI spotted testing
The new 2020 BSVI Thar has been spotted testing again and seems to be almost production-ready. The new Thar is certainly bigger, wider and longer than the outgoing model. At the front, the 7-slat grille has been rounded on the edges and right next to them is the wider and larger headlamps. The rear-view mirrors look large and there are new LED tail lamps. The design of the tail lamps also seems to be new. The front bumper is a single unit and it joins the flared wheel arches. It also adds room for the suspension set-up which could be new and better considering the possibility of increased ground clearance.
The spare wheel is rear-mounted to the side-hinged door. There is a new foot step on the side which will be among the other accessories included with the car. There will also be an option of hardtop and soft-top to choose from. The new Thar will get better interiors as it will be more comfort-focussed, the utility approach towards the new Thar will be less and it will receive more creature comfort.
Apart from the outgoing engine options, the new 2020 BSVI Thar is likely to get a new 2.0-litre mStallion engine which was showcased with the other two 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre engine at the Auto Expo 2020. The current output of the Thar is 105PS of power and 247Nm of torque. With the addition of new engine options while adhering to the BSVI norms, a bump in the power figures may be a long shot. A new 6-speed transmission, low range gearbox and four-wheel drive will be available. The Thar takes on the Force Gurkha.
Starts Rs 9.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.75 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block