Production resumes at Maruti Suzuki's Haryana plants
Maruti Suzuki has announced that production has resumed at its Gurgaon and Manesar plants in Haryana from February 23, 2016. India's largest carmaker had temporarily suspended production at these two plants from February 20. With supply of key components resuming smoothly, both plants have started manufacturing vehicles. Usually, these two plants manufacture around 5,000 vehicles everyday.
Members of the Jat community were protesting in Haryana seeking caste-based reservations. They had blocked some national and state highways which lead to Delhi and Chandigarh. As a result, the Gurgaon and Manesar plants couldn't receive supply of some key components. So, Maruti Suzuki had taken a call to suspend production.
Since the production was suspended, Maruti Suzuki has incurred a loss of around 10,000 vehicles. With production resuming, Maruti Suzuki is taking steps to cover up for the losses.
"The company has resumed production of vehicles at its facilities in Gurgaon and Manesar starting Tuesday second half. The supply of components has started gradually," said Maruti Suzuki in a statement.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani