Production-spec Kia SP crossover spotted testing under disguise
Images have appeared on the internet showing the production version of Kia Motors first car for India. The car in question is the Kia SP Concept that made its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
In terms of design, the SUV expectedly seems to carry a toned down iteration of the theme set by the concept. The signature Kia honeycomb grille, squared-off headlamps and the raised hatchback stance seem to have been carried over.
The production version of the SP is expected to name the Kia Tusker and will sit on a platform derived from the Hyundai Creta. New powertrain options will be available. This includes a new BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre diesel motor which is expected to put out 115PS and 250 Nm. The 1.6-litre diesel unit from the Creta will be replaced by this. A new petrol, also of 1.5-litre displacement, will also be made available. This motor is also expected to support hybrid powertrain components by 2023.
Kia will be hoping its products make the same impression on Indian buyers that its sister brand Hyundai has managed in the last 20 years. Kia's products add a more youthful, lively driving experience to the traditional Hyundai attributes of good design quality and value. It is expected that the company's first crossover for India will follow this template. The Kia SP/Tusker crossover is expected to make its debut in late 2019.
Image Source: cafe naver
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe to be launched in India on October 15