Production-spec Kia SP crossover spotted testing under disguise
Images have appeared on the internet showing the production version of Kia Motors first car for India. The car in question is the Kia SP Concept that made its debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
In terms of design, the SUV expectedly seems to carry a toned down iteration of the theme set by the concept. The signature Kia honeycomb grille, squared-off headlamps and the raised hatchback stance seem to have been carried over.
The production version of the SP is expected to name the Kia Tusker and will sit on a platform derived from the Hyundai Creta. New powertrain options will be available. This includes a new BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre diesel motor which is expected to put out 115PS and 250 Nm. The 1.6-litre diesel unit from the Creta will be replaced by this. A new petrol, also of 1.5-litre displacement, will also be made available. This motor is also expected to support hybrid powertrain components by 2023.
Kia will be hoping its products make the same impression on Indian buyers that its sister brand Hyundai has managed in the last 20 years. Kia's products add a more youthful, lively driving experience to the traditional Hyundai attributes of good design quality and value. It is expected that the company's first crossover for India will follow this template. The Kia SP/Tusker crossover is expected to make its debut in late 2019.
Image Source: cafe naver
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
- NewsBluArmor BLU3 E20 helmet cooling device announced - will be launched in January 2020
- NewsCFMoto's first dealership inaugurated in Mumbai
- News6.5 lakh units of Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback sold since its 2015 debut
- ReviewUltraviolette F77 - First Ride Review
- NewsBMW petrol engines upgraded to BSVI standard - 6 per cent price hike by January 2020 on diesel models