Production version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
Images have appeared on the internet which show the production version of the Kia SP conept undergoing testing. This is the first car that the Korean carmaker will sell in India.
The spy video shows a heavily camouflaged SUV but it is clear that a lot of the concept's design cues will make it to production. The overall blocky shape of the car remains but creases and surfacing has been toned down to make for a viable production car. The front fascia retains the concept large two-part grille while the headlamps, though not as large, retain the same basic shape and layout. Naturally, the over-sized wheels and large contoured bumpers have been toned down too.
The production version of the SP is expected to name the Kia Tusker and will sit on a platform derived from the Hyundai Creta. New powertrain options will be available. This includes a new BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre diesel motor which is expected to put out 115PS and 250 Nm. The 1.6-litre diesel unit from the Creta will be replaced by this. A new petrol, also of 1.5-litre displacement, will also be made available. This motor is also expected to support hybrid powertrain components by 2023.
Kia will be hoping its products make the same impression on Indian buyers that its sister brand Hyundai has managed in the last 20 years. Kia's products add a more youthful, lively driving experience to the traditional Hyundai attributes of good design quality and value. It is expected that the company's first crossover for India will follow this template. The Kia SP/Tusker crossover is expected to make its debut in late 2019.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block