Production Volkswagen Ameo may sport modified front-end at launch
Volkswagen showcased its compact sub-4m sedan, the Ameo, at the Auto Expo 2016. The Volkswagen Ameo though will be hit showrooms in India during the festive season (August-October) this year.
Volkswagen facelift headlamp
A source tells us that the Volkswagen Ameo, at the time of its launch, will have the same headlamp design that was showcased on the Vento facelift. The Volkswagen Vento facelift was also showcased at the expo and is expected to be launched soon in India. It has LED elements in the headlamp assembly along with more chrome on the grille. Inside, the features and colour of the upholstery are expected to remain the same as showcased at the Expo.
The Volkswagen Ameo will be available with a choice of petrol and diesel engines from the Polo on which it is based. This includes a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol and a four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel motor. There will be a choice of manual as well as automatic transmission for the diesel motor while the petrol will strictly be available with a stick shift.
Expect the Ameo to be priced slightly above the Volkswagen Polo.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights