Production Volkswagen Ameo may sport modified front-end at launch
Volkswagen showcased its compact sub-4m sedan, the Ameo, at the Auto Expo 2016. The Volkswagen Ameo though will be hit showrooms in India during the festive season (August-October) this year.
Volkswagen facelift headlamp
A source tells us that the Volkswagen Ameo, at the time of its launch, will have the same headlamp design that was showcased on the Vento facelift. The Volkswagen Vento facelift was also showcased at the expo and is expected to be launched soon in India. It has LED elements in the headlamp assembly along with more chrome on the grille. Inside, the features and colour of the upholstery are expected to remain the same as showcased at the Expo.
The Volkswagen Ameo will be available with a choice of petrol and diesel engines from the Polo on which it is based. This includes a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol and a four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel motor. There will be a choice of manual as well as automatic transmission for the diesel motor while the petrol will strictly be available with a stick shift.
Expect the Ameo to be priced slightly above the Volkswagen Polo.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- FeaturesBuying a used big bike in india: 10 things that you should look for
- NewsFive car features that actually work
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055