Project Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
Seven Formula One teams based in the U.K have launched "Project Pitlane" to manufacture medical devices including respiratory ones, to help treat COVID-19 patients. This collective of seven UK-based Formula 1 teams is made up of Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, BWT Racing Point F1 Team, Haas F1 Team, McLaren F1 Team, Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team, Renault DP World F1 Team and ROKiT Williams Racing.
Project Pitlane's triple focus is to reverse engineer existing medical devices, to support in scaling the production of existing ventilator designs, and the quick design and prototype manufacture of a completely new device for certification and subsequent production.
All seven F1 teams are pooling their immense resources and capabilities to deliver the best results possible. As anyone who follows F1 knows, the participating teams are known for rapid design, prototype manufacture, testing and development and skilled assembly. Given the unique ability of Formula One teams to rapidly respond to engineering and technological challenges, we are hopeful they will be able to contribute substantially to control this corona crisis.
The seven F1 teams have also said that they remain ready to support in other areas requiring rapid, innovative technology responses to the unique challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!