R.I.P. Andrea Antonelli
Every now and then comes the harsh reminder that the sport we all know and love so well, can at times be quite cruel. The World Supersport race at the Moscow Raceway brought the cruel reality that motorsport is indeed dangerous to the forefront once again.
R.I.P Andrea Antonelli
The Team Go Eleven Kawasaki rider fell on the back straight of the Moscow Raceway during the World Supersport race due to torrential rain. Antonelli's head struck the ground. Due to poor visibility, fellow rider Lorenzo Zanetti ended up running over Antonelli. The Italian rider succumbed to his injuries at the medical centre.
The remaining races of the weekend were cancelled.
"We discussed the race at the breakfast and I initially thought that it was just another crash but am still not come to terms with the shocking news" said Kenan Sofuoglu who rides for Mahi Racing Team India. Indeed, Antonelli was a popular face in the close-knit paddock and will be missed.
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip