Rainforest Challenge coming to India in August 2014
Here's a great bit of news for adventure junkies in India. One of the world's toughest off-road race event, the Rainforest Challenge (RFC), is coming to India.
The extreme 4X4 off-road motorsport event started in 1997 as the Malaysia Rainforest Challenge and its grand success saw it launched in Italy, Russia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Tunisia, China and Australia as well.
RFC takes competitors through mud, drenching rain, steep slippery slopes, deep ruts, gullies, flooded rivers, and landslides that are mercilessly demanding and dangerous.
In India, this spectacular event will be held in the tropical rainforest of the Konkan belt and the Western Ghats. RFC India will be organised by Cougar Motorsport, which conducts off-road events for Land Rover and Mitsubishi.
The first edition of the challenge will kick-start in August 2014 during the south west monsoons and more than 50 Indian and foreign participants are expected to participate.
The official announcement about India's entry to the RFC Global Series 2014 will be made on February 4.
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?