Rajan Wadhera appointed as president at SIAM
SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) has announced the appointment of Rajan Wadhera as the commitee's new president. Wadhera succeeds Abhay Firodia, Chairman, Force Motors Ltd. In the past, Wadhera was serving as the vice president at SIAM. He is also the president of automotive sector at Mahindra and Mahindra. The official release mentions "The election for new office bearers was conducted during the Executive Committee Meeting, which was held after SIAM's annual general meeting today.
Rajan Wadhera is also the president of automotive sector at Mahindra and Mahindra
Additionally, Kenichi Ayukawa was elected as vice president by the committee members. Ayukawa has been managing director and CEO at Maruti Suzuki India Limited since April 1, 2013. Vinod Aggarwal, MD and CEO, Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles (VECV) has been elected as treasurer of SIAM who replaces Kenichi Ayukawa
The 58th annual convention of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers also saw Abhay Firodia wishing for speedy infrastructure development and better roads for better traffic movement. He also called for a 10-year policy roadmap for the automobile sector sustainability and growth. He also mentioned how illegal encroachments on roads and highways possess a threat to the safety of the vehicles and also reduce traffic flow. He also asked the government to reduce the number of authorities and also mentioned that contradictory stands on regulatory environment could discourage many from making an investment in the country.
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review