Rajiv Bajaj shows his concerns on 100 per cent electrification for 2 and 3 wheelers by 2023
In a statement given out by Rajiv Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Auto Limited shows his concern towards government's initiative of making three-wheelers market 100 per cent electric by 2023 and two-wheeler market by 2025.
Bajaj's concern revolves around stakeholders lacking experience in investing in any Electricfication surge. He further adds that the electrification has been ill-timed as it collides with BSVI implementation. Finally, Rajiv Bajaj states that targetting two and three wheelers and not cars etc seems like an incomplete effort.
"An appropriate middle path to my mind would be in the first phase to target such a changeover through Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency (CAFE) norms / electric vehicles for all vehicle categories from a particular date such as 2023 or 2025 starting with the most polluted cities of India. Basis the learnings from that experience a collective plan can be put together to scale up as desired" he further added.
Recently, two of the Bajaj Urbanite, all-electric scooters were spotted on test in Pune, India. The Bajaj Urbanite will rival the likes of Ather 450, Ather 350 and the Okinawa i-Praise and Rigid +. For buyers looking for an all-electric mean of transport, the Urbanite could be pitted against the Revolt's upcoming all-electric motorcycle.
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh
- NewsToyota GR Super Sport hypercar prototype debuts at Le Mans 2020
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud