Range Rover Sport SVR laps the Nordschleife in 8min 14s
Land Rover's upcoming Range Rover Sport SVR , claimed to be the fastest and most powerful car ever from the manufacturer, has lapped the 'Green Hell' in eight minutes and 14 seconds. The SVR's lap time is just a second off the legendary BMW E60 M5. This makes it the fastest production SUV to have gone around the Nurburgring.
Power to the Range Rover Sport SVR is delivered via a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 engine which makes 550PS of power, 40PS over the regular Sport. Land Rover showcased this SUV at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year. JLR have been honing the SVR's handling characteristics on the Nurburgring for quite some time. The company's newly developed Special Operations team has been working on making this Range Rover the sportiest one ever built. That said, the key strength of any Range Rover is its off-road capability and the SVR promises not to compromise on this aspect with an 850mm wading depth and twin-speed transfer case with high and low ratios.
Starts Rs 99.48 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review