Range Rover SV Coupe to not make it to production
Land Rover has confirmed that it will not put the Range Rover SV Coupe into production. The SV Coupe was to be flagship of the line-up and be limited to 999 units. It is now known that buyers who put down deposits have been returned their money.
This decision could come as a measure by the firm to improve profitability and as a reaction to the uncertainty surrounding Brexit.
The SVCoupe was to be a handbuilt, three-door version of the Range Rover, limited to 999 units worldwide. The SVO built car's interior is also notable for the available contrasting colour schemes that allow the front seats to be done up in a different colour leather to the rear seats (a monotone upholstery scheme was also available). Other features were to be similar to the one in the SVAutobiography but with greater customisation. The car was to be powered by the 5.0 supercharged V8 with 575PS in this spec.
Land Rover claimed that the Range Rover SV Coupe could do 0-96kmph in five seconds and max out at 266kmph, making it the the fastest-ever full-size Range Rover SUV. The SV Coupe was to be equipped with LR's Terrain Response 2 system that offers various drive modes such as sand, mud, rocks and snow. The SUV had an adjustable air suspension with an 8mm reduced height that can be adjusted for easy entry and exit, also to improve off-road capability. A maximum wading depth of 900mm and a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes were other notable specs.
Shown at last year's Geneva Show, the SV Coupe was to be a step-up over other luxury SUVs like the Bentley Bentayga with a level of exclusivity not seen in this segment before. Prices were to start at Rs 2.75 crore before taxes and duties.
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block