Range Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
Soon after the Jaguar F-Pace SVR was shown to the public, spy images have surfaced of the Range Rover Velar SVR being put through its paces at the Nurburgring.
The images of the camouflaged car show it to have a more aggressive front bumper, a blacked out front grille with the lower portion being a lot more prominent now. The rear now has quad exhausts. The pictures also show the car to have larger, wider, lower profile tyres. The changes are subtle and quite hard to differentiate at this stage from the standard Velar.
Mechanically, the Range Rover Velar SVR will be most likely be offered by the 5.0-liter supercharged V8 that does duty in other SVR-badged cars from Jaguar Land Rover. Given that the Velar and F-Pace are similar mechanically, we expect the Velar to also be powered by the 550PS and 680Nm version of this engine. The F-Pace SVR gets other changes like uprated spring and dampers, a new anti-roll bar, new lightweight forged alloy wheels, while larger, lightweight brakes, a new active exhaust system and the active differential from the F-Type. Most of these should also be present on the Velar SVR as well.
When launched, the Velar SVR will follow in the footsteps of the Range Rover Sport SVR, but in a more compact, stylish and road oriented package. The Velar SVR should provide for spirited on-road performance but with all the luxury, tech and off-roading prowess of the standard car intact. The Range Rover Velar SVR will compete with the Mercedes-AMG GLE63, the Jaguar F-Pace SVR and the Porsche Macan Turbo when it launches by the end of this year.
Starts Rs 70.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.84 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix