Ravindra Pisharody appointed as the vice-president of SIAM
Apex automotive industry body, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) has appointed Ravindra Pisharody as it's vice-president. Pisharody is currently the executive director (commercial vehicles), Tata Motors Ltd.
SIAM works as the most important channel of communication between the automobile industry and Indian government, national and international organisations. The society helps the automobile industry in the formulation of new rules, regulations and policies, working closely with stake holders as well.
Speaking on his appointment at SIAM, Pisharody said, "I look forward to my new role as the Vice-President. I understand that the role would be challenging and I would like to pitch in with my contributions and help strengthen the team further so that we can move towards our common goals."
Ravindra Pisharody is an industry veteran with over 30 years of experience in the field of sales, marketing, business management and strategy development. He is also on the board of Tata Marcopolo Motors, Tata Cummins, Tata International, Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicles, South Korea and Tata Motors South Africa.
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3