Realistic Volkswagen I.D. Crozz concept at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show
It is already known that Volkswagen is working on the new generation electric automobiles that are believed to debut in production form by 2020. Further, the range will be compatible with full autonomous tech by 2025. The German car manufacturer has now released a concept image of the electric I.D. Crozz that will be shown in its close to production ready form at the 20176 Frankfurt Motor Show.
2018 Volkswagen I.D. Crozz might enter production in 2020
The company states that the concept points more towards a production model. This can be seen with the front and rear profile that feature the typical traits of VW design. While the company has released only a teaser video along with the image of the concept, it does look production ready. This can be seen with the sleek LED headlights which have a more realistic illumination than the one shown in the previous I.D. concepts. The grille that also holds the VW logo features an illumination, something that perhaps only will be seen in the concept model.
he wide hood, bulging fenders and the grille design have all been retained from the previously shown concept. Volkswagen states that the compact electric drive and the integration of the lithium-ion battery in the vehicle floor, has made the cabin spacious for four individual seats. The concept is based on the brand's MEB platform that also pins the other two all-electric offerings, the I.D. and the I.D. Buzz. The electric motor driving the Volkswagen I.D. Cross puts out 305PS and has a top speed of 180kmph, states the company
All the electric tech and features that will be introduced in the I.D. cars will not make it a more premium option. Instead, they will be priced similar to the conventional cars, claims the brand. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we cover the Volkswagen electric I.D. Crozz concept at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show.
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh