Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
Royal Enfield has started selling the Thunderbird 350 in Australia as the Rumbler 350. The brand has a strong presence Down Under and this bike joins the Classic, Continental GT and Himalayan in its line up there. The bike is priced at AUD AUD 6,790, (Rs.3.4 lakhs) on road and is LAMS (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) compliant. Royal Enfiled is targeting new learners and buyers looking for a relaxed, affordable cruiser. The bike is imported from India and is identical to the domestic model, the only changes being the Rumbler badges on the side boxes and reflector strips on the front forks.
The bike carries over the same 346 cc twin-spark, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that powers the Thunderbird 350 and other models in RE's stable. This engine produces 19.8PS and 28Nm and is paired with a 5-speed transmission. The fuel tank is of 20 litres capacity and the bike weighs 192kg. All other mechanical components also remain unchanged. The Rumbler 350 is being offered in three colour options - Marine, Stone and Lightning.
In other international markets too, the Thunderbird 350 is sold as the Rumbler 350 and this development is another instance of Royal Enfield's aggressive global expansion strategy. The brand has been quickly growing its product line-up and this comes after the recent launch of the Thunderbird X models in India and the announcement of the upcoming 650 twins.
Starts Rs 1,45,877
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased